Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blogmas Day 4: Favorite Christmas Music

I love Christmas music. I love carols. I love modern Christmas songs that make me laugh. I love old sentimental favorites.

My favorite carols are "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and "It Came upon a Midnight Clear." Both evoke the scene and the feeling of that first Christmas night so long ago. My family favorite is "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays." 'N Sync started this one, and it fast become our family's favorite. It never feels like the Christmas season has really arrived until we have all listened to this, and singing it together unaccompanied is a Christmas Eve tradition. My favorite from this century are a few of the holiday songs put out by The Killers, particularly "Don't Shoot Me Santa" and "Boots." This year's "Joel,  the Lump of Coal" came out two days ago and combines The Killers ingenious mixture of humor and sentimentality to make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment