Monday, April 28, 2014

Life Moves On

Today, I am going to Joseph's house in the afternoon, and I am a wee bit worried because it will be hectic. Diana will be taking me during her lunch break which is nothing we have done before. Then she will take Es back to Fulton where she will look for a job. I hope she finds something.

Then I think we will have dinner with Joseph. I am not completely sure. Diana at least will be coming to get me!

Later this week, we are going out on Thursday & Friday I think. It makes me worry about falling behind in my job. Diana assures me that all will be well, and I am sure it will.

This year is to be the last We Shine Conference. I am glad that our family is going, but I am not completely sad that it is ending. Although it is a wonderful family time for us, I do want to move on to something that fits better for me for my free time. Especially now that Diana and I am working, and free time is at a premium.

I like to see and do new things, but I easily get connected to places. Diana is the same way. The places are almost more important to us than the people. We rapidly associate places with feelings. This makes it hard for us to choose to go to new places. I look forward to the little extra push to do just that. I also am grateful for the existence of easy communication and keeping in touch through the internet, which makes it much easier to say good-bye to a regular chance to connect to people in the short term.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you said about We Shine. We aren't going this year and we're sad that it's ending, but free time and work is shifting here, too. I feel connected to the people from Shine even when we're not there and I'm looking forward to finding new ways to get together. I hope you find the perfect balance between getting your work done and having your fun time this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have been talking about getting together with people and forming even closer connections. This leaves us more time and money for that. :)

      Delete