Thursday, September 5, 2013

Menu Plan Thursday

I use to participate in an internet meme: Menu Plan Monday. Unfortunately, it was rather inconvenient because we make our menu plan on Thursday when we do our grocery shopping. I do enjoy reading other people's menu plans though so I thought I'd go back to sharing mine, on Thursdays, when it is convenient for me.

For a long time, about 3 years total, I didn't make dinner for the family as a whole on a regular basis, and we forewent our meal plans. Recently, our grocery budget plummeted, and I decided that a return to menus was the way to go.

With no further ado, here is the plan for this week:

Thursday: leftover soup, coleslaw, honey-apple bread

Friday: tuna mac & cheese, steamed baby-cut carrots, cornbread

Saturday: pancakes, bacon, pears

Sunday: chicken salad subs, steamed broccoli, chocolate-chip brownies

Monday: Polish sausage stir-fry, sauerkraut, Swedish limpa

Tuesday: roast chicken, roast sweet potatoes, pumpernickel

Wednesday: salmon bake, tomato-avocado salad, whole wheat buns

The highlight of this week is that I have a 5 pound bag of rye flour I am going to start experimenting with. I am going to try for a Swedish limpa and a loaf of pumpernickel. I have perfected bread with wheat flour. I can make all different kinds without a recipe. Now, I want to move on to something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment