Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Life Update as I Head Into Fall

It has been up and down between busy and not busy around here. Lia spent a week visiting: a night with my sister, two nights with her older sisters, another night with my sister, and three nights with her friend Shamara. Josie and Lia went to the fair and saw Austin Mahone. Lia went back to the fair with Sadie and rode rides and with Shamara mostly to browse and shop.

Ant has been super active riding his bike, mowing the lawn, talking a mile a minute and thinking up projects. I don't hear from Esme much, but she is off for an adventure in Oregon soon!!! Emma is healing still and taking care of the babies and putting in many hours at work. One of her good friends just moved back to the area from Florida. That gives her extra on the social front.

I have been working hard. I usually work 5 and 3/5 days a week for pay, and a lot not for pay in the times between. I also study French and math on a regular basis to relax my mind. I'd like to study something more challenging, but by the end of the work day, I am so tired! I have read a lot of books. The one that stands out is "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Really, it was a book with the theme: "Everythings ends so everything matters;" very similar to "Everything Matters" by Ron Currie, Jr. That theme runs around my head a lot because I think there is a lot of truth to it.

This past weekend we sent the summer off with a corn roast here on Saturday night and a picnic at my mother's on Monday. Both were fun. The picnic was the most fun because I have not seen my family in so long. I wish I could have stayed for a few days! I did stay a long time, but it was a full day because I had to work a couple hours in the morning before I left and a few more when I go home. The time pressure was definitely on and that is never fun for me.

Soon church starts back up for us. Diana and I are teaching RE in the fall this year. I think we have to be there for 9 or 10 classes. More than previously, but maybe it will help us bond with the students better. Diana is definitely the winner at that, but I know how to get to the heart of the lesson plan and make sure the kids understand as best as they can at that moment. On the other hand, Diana rocks the crafts 100%.

1 comment: