Friday, August 16, 2013

Super Sweet Cornbread

For a long time, I searched for a cornbread recipe that would mimic the super-sweet, cake-like corn muffins I got at my grocery store bakery. I finally found it a few years ago, and my family loves it!

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder

Preheat your oven to 400 F. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.

Mix the sugar, butter and vanilla thoroughly with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix in all at once.

Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.

*****
This recipe can also be doubled and baked in a 9x13 pan. Cook for 50 minutes.

To make muffins with this recipe, divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes.

1 comment: