Monday, June 10, 2013

Book Review: "Wake" by Amanda Hocking

"Wake" is the first book in a new series from Amanda Hocking. Hocking has a writing style which is very straightforward. I really enjoy it for casual reading. The plot of "Wake" was super interesting and filled with excitement. I was really pulled into the story.

Unfortunately, the book also had some graphic violence. I am pretty sure it wasn't necessary to the story. It might not have bothered me quite as much if there had been some warning, but the book cover and cover description were really pretty tame. The same with the second book in the series. This is your warning if you are bothered by things like that.

With the exception of those highly visual depictions of violence, this book was really good! I don't want to give any of the plot away. Official summaries of this one do a great job of avoiding spoilers, and I don't want to ruin its track record. I am now nearly done with "Lullaby" the follow-up book. I can't wait to find out how it ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment