Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Recipe: Chicken Stew for the Slow Cooker

Today is a chilly day. We used the rest of our chicken yesterday which is unfortunate because I am really in the mood for chicken stew! I thought I'd share my recipe, for you all, and maybe, I'll make this next week.

Chicken Stew

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
4 white potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
8 ounces baby-cut carrots
1 cup celery, chopped
1 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup (10 1/2 ounces each)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/4 cup frozen cut green beans
1 cup frozen petite peas

Mix everything in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Our slow cooker runs hot so if I want to hold this longer than six hours, I take the lid off and stir it thoroughly, making sure to get into the corners. If it is done, I will turn the cooker to warm until we are ready to eat. Frozen corn, fresh or canned mushrooms and frozen chopped spinach are all nice additions to this stew.

Another option is to leave out the potatoes and serve the stew over hot biscuits or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment