Monday, May 6, 2013

Capable Fingers

Strong

These are my fingers. Yes, a few seem are stained blue at the moment.

Yesterday's photo prompt was "The Story of You." The task was to take a self-portrait that showed a body part and then to use it to tell a story.

Here is my story. These are my fingers. Sometimes, they do not feel strong. Then, I think of the things that they have done. They have held each of my children and each of my grandchildren when they were not able to hold themselves. They have given pats of comfort. They have joined in silly games, creating laughter. 

They type words enabling me to communicate with people around the world. They point and click enabling me to access a wealth of information, satisfying my curiosity on many topics.

My fingers are an important part of me.

1 comment: